Mountain Goat are looking for a customer service extortionate to join their team in its 50th anniversary year. This newly created position will be based at our head office in Windermere but will also cover our York & Warrington operation on a remote basis. It is a great opportunity to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will be driven, confident and have customer service experience. They will need to work with internal departments as well as communicate with agents and clients, national and international. You must be a team player with good interpersonal skills, time management and sales focused. The candidate must be able to learn quickly and have excellent customer service skills.
Operating 'off the beaten track' tours we use modern Mercedes Mini-Coaches to show visitors the hidden gems of the Lake District, Hadrian's Wall, Yorkshire Dales, and North Wales. We are the premier Mini-Coach touring company in the North of England. Since 1972 we have built up excellent reputation internationally for service and reliability.
- Sell & book Mountain Goat products and meet the needs of our customers
- Answer incoming customer communications from various channels in a professional and timely manner
- Dealing with customer enquiries via phone, email & in person
- Co-ordinate tour departures
- Assist the sales & marketing team with updating social media and updating the website
- Content creation and blogs
- Open and close the Windermere Information Centre buildings safely and securely.
- Serve customers at the Windermere Information Centre with the most up to date information with a friendly smile.
- Take payments at the Information Centre and cash up daily and weekly with the company banking procedure
- Use computer systems in a professional and efficient way including Microsoft products, the company booking system and any third-party systems.
- Compile with GDPR and privacy policies.
- Take bookings and payments from customers for a variety of services through the PDQ machine, by cash or cheque.
- Provide communication to internal departments and liaise with the Driver guides.
- Anticipating jobs and ensuring your workload is completed
- Strong commitment to achieve targets and overcome challenges
- Delivering a positive customer experience
- An organised individual who takes pride in their work and responsibility of their own development
- Have a passion for Lake District, Yorkshire & Northern England
- An organised candidate, who can manage their workload and is a strong team player
- Ability to use initiative & think on your feet
- Flexibility to work variable shift patterns each week which include weekends & bank holidays
- Excellent people skills, enabling strong relationships, both externally and internally
- Strong communication skills with very good written and spoken English. Any other language skills will be welcomed as we have an international clientele.
- Must be able to successfully gain an enhanced DBS check
- Sound knowledge of Lake District Geography and Tourism Activity, knowledge of UK geography would also be a bonus. Ability to work to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Full UK driving license
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree level or equivalent preferable
- A Levels or equivalent essential
- GCSE or equivalent in English, Maths and Science at C grade essential
- 28 holidays per annum
- Sickness pay scheme after 3 months employment
- Job Type: Full-time permanent position
- Based in Windermere, 40 hours per week.
- Every other weekend working required
- £21,840.00 per annum
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,840.00 per year
The deadline for applications is 12:00 on Friday 22nd July 2022. Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org