Access Statement for Mountain Goat Tours & Holidays
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Our Ticket Office is located in the Windermere Information Centre, heart of Windermere village, on a hill with a gradual approach. Our reception area is all on ground level. We are a member of the Visitor Attraction Quality Assurance Scheme. Our daily tours and holidays take customers throughout the Lake District and beyond, these tours are either all day or half day. We currently operate a fleet of Mercedes Sprinter Mini-Buses. Our attraction is suitable for those who can travel on a Mini-Bus seated (belts provided), we can provide an extra step (on request) for those who require help onto the bus. Please note that many of our stops are remote and have various terrain types and gradients underfoot, customers can stay on the bus if they wish.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 44 (0)15394 45161 or email email@example.com.
- We operate a complimentary pick up service available in Windermere and Bowness from your accommodation, pick ups are also available from Ambleside (Kelsick Road), Windermere Rail Station and our main pick up point is Windermere Tourist Information Centre (LA23 1AD). Please note that our pick up points may have different conditions underfoot, such as cobbles or uneven surfaces.
- For full details and a map of how to reach our head office, please see the Our Story (Location) section on our website. Our postcode is LA23 1AD. The pavements and streets around our head office and Windermere Tourist Information Centre are tarmaced, there are cobbles and paved pavements further towards the village centre.
- Our nearest Railway Station is Windermere Rail Station, services are operated regularly by First North Western, this links to the West Coast Main Line. Our office is located 400 metres downhill (2 minute walk) from the Railway Station.
- Our nearest bus stop is at Windermere Rail Station, service buses are operated by Stagecoach. Frequency of service varies, please check with operators for times. We can offer a collection service from Windermere Rail Station (LA23 1BR).
- Our Tour Brochure information is available in English, Japanese and Chinese. Our commentary on our tours are performed live in English and Japanese (on request on certain tours) with a speaker system.
- The nearest local toilet facilities (including disabled) are located at Booths Supermarket. Entry available near Windermere Rail Station. Public toilet facilities available at Broad Street, RADAR toilets LA23 2AB. Please note these toilets may have opening and closing times.
Car Parking and Arrival
- Due to our central village location we do not offer parking. On-street parking is available in Windermere, please note this is time restricted. The nearest car park available is at Windermere Rail Station, 18 spaces (1 blue badge space - free), parking is payable at a machine. Post Code LA23 1BR.
- Distance from Windermere Rail Station to our head office is 400 metres downhill (2 minute walk), towards Windermere Village. Surface is mainly level tarmac.
- The car park is lit at night, the walk to our head office is lit by street lights.
- Windermere Rail Station has dropped kerb access, Windermere Tourist Information Centre does not. Our other various pick up points may not have dropped kerbs, due to the local terrain.
- Our head office has a ramped tarmac access, with no hand rail. We do not have a intercom, our doors are clear glass, with someone seated within eye-sight. Our office door opens outwards, and is manual, with average size and weight. This is our sole public entrance. 750mm (29.5 inches) is the approx clear opening width.
Main Entrance, Reception and Ticketing Area
- Our office reception area is located on the upper ground floor, within metres of our entrance, the floor is level and laminate throughout our office.
- Our reception area is lit by spot lights, and a low counter desk can be provided.
- We can provide pen and paper if required for our customers.
- Our buses are accessed by steps at the front of the bus, an extra step is available if required (on request).
- Our office and buses have no public toilet facilities.
- The nearest local toilet facilities to our office are located at Booths Supermarket (including disabled). Entry available near Windermere Rail Station, 400 metres up hill from our office. Public toilet facilities available at Broad Street, RADAR toilets available, LA23 2AB. Please note these toilets may have opening and closing times.
- Please note there are no toilet facilities onboard our minibuses however we provide adequate toilet breaks on our tours and holidays. These facilities are either provided by businesses or local councils. Facilities and access vary at each site we visit.
- We do not provide catering on our tours. Customers are encouraged to either bring lunch or purchase food from premises that we visit. These premises range in size and the access available.
- Assistance dogs are very welcome onboard our minibuses, please inform us at the time of booking.
- Unfortunately, our minibuses are not wheelchair accessible however we have a large luggage compartment which van fit a foldable wheelchair or walking frame.
- Our driver-guides cannot physically assist any passengers boarding or disembarking our minibuses.
- Passengers must be able to get on and off the minibus by themselves or with assistance from a travel companion.
- We can provide a small step to assist in getting on and off the minibus.
Onboard our minibuses
- Entry and exit from the minibus via the front left passenger door. There are three steps up into the coach – each 150mm in height. There are grab handles on both sides, the step edges are clearly marked, and the treads are non-slip.
- The seats are on-level standard coach seats with a step up to the back row of seats.
- The seat configuration is single seats on the passenger side and double seats on the driver’s side. All seats have full three-point seatbelts which must be worn when the vehicle is moving. Seat belt extenders are available if required, please let us know at the time of booking.
- We do not take requests for specific seats; seats are allocated by the driver-guide at the beginning of the tour and passengers should stay in the same seat for the duration of their tour.
- All our tours are guided by the driver in English.
- Japanese commentary available on some private tours, by request.
- We do not supply any written information about the tours.
- Safety instructions will be given verbally by the driver-guide before departure. If anything is unclear, please bring this to their attention.
- The driver/guide will generally use a microphone and there are speakers throughout the minibus.
- There are regular stops during the tour during which the driver-guides will be happy to answer any questions and repeat any information you may have missed.
- Our tours include multiple stops throughout the day at various locations including for photo opportunities. Dependent on which tour is chosen, we stop at a number of attractions (such as castles, boat/steamer rides and train).
- Some of our tours involve less stops than others, please contact our office if you require assistance in choosing the right tour for you.
- The surfaces at our scheduled and unscheduled stops are on various terrain, including, concrete, tarmac, stone, slate, small stones, grass, and others. Our stops maybe made on hills and slopes.
Address (Inc postcode):
Victoria Street Windermere Cumbria LA23 1AD
44 (0)15394 45161
Hours Of Operation:
Local Public Transport:
Windermere Rail Station and Windermere Bus Station both 400 metres away.